Thursday, June 26, 2008
What a day!
Platform series went well today, and thanks to all the 10 actors up on stage. I felt that all of us did well today, Good job guys! :) And many thanks all those who came down and watch :)
Performing a monologue wasn't easy, it's not the same as just acting alone. You have to direct your speech to a specific person rather. You don't try to act, you feel. You feel the character and be the character. Getting into character, playing with different emotions, intensive practise & imagination. I was glad that Benny had Enlai to come down to the Blackbox to watch us perform, which he gave very good advice, and constructive criticism that is. I would prefer if people gave constructive criticism rather than telling me that I have done a good job. It provides ways to improve both as an actor and performer. A compliment is nice, but I wouldn't want it to make my head swell. Playing with different emotions, rather than just one can be rather interesting. I would want to perform a monologue again next time.
Yes, making mistakes is good, helps one to push even further. To not be afraid to fail is something good, you can learn from it. It's all about learning, experimenting, and improving all the time. This is what I'll keep in mind all the time.
Oh yes, the cramping went away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment